Endoji Historical District
Located just 10 minutes walk from Nagoya Station, Endoji Historical District consists of Nagoya's oldest shopping arcade with some shops and warehouses dating back 80 years and more.
Home to Tanabata and Paris festivals, as well as many cafes and shops, this 700 meter long area bears the name of an old temple within the district territory.
Although located in the very centre of Nagoya, surrounded by many modern buildings, Endoji Historical District still retains an old times atmosphere, as it was build as a part of Castle Town during the reconstruction of Nagoya Castle. You can still feel old Japan when coming to Endoji.
10:00 Meeting at Nishiasahi, have a coffee there
Walk around the district with an English speaking tour guide.
- Learn about the famous Shogun Ieyasu Tokugawa and his castle Nagoya castle
- Walk through the merchant street with old warehouse and houses
- Discover rooftop shrines that are unique to this area
- Visit small local shrines and temples and learn about the religions in Japan
- Wander into tiny bar area
- Sneak into a pachinko store
- Act like localst at a super market
- Taste street foods such as Japanese pancake and croquitte
- Find authentic souvenirs at rice cracker shop, glass store, antique store, Japanese crog store, traditional wagashi (Japanese sweets) store, and Japanese novelty store.
11:30 Tour ends at Nishiasahi. Your guide can recommend where to have good lunch!
Lisensed English speaking tour guide, Coffee at Nishiasahi
Not included in the price:
Most of the stores in the area do not take credit cards so please bring some cash for a fun shopping!
This tour involves a lot of walking (flat). Please wear comfortable shoes.